Saturday, April 12, 2014

A new twist on the standard bunny photos

While asking around about where to take pictures with the Easter Bunny, I was sent a message by the Easter Bunny herself explaining that she does private bookings for events or for personal family sessions.  The photographer in me knew I had to jump at this opportunity to get some unique photos of my own little loves with the Easter Bunny.  The mom in me decided to see if anyone else was interested in getting away from the normal (and quite boring in my opinion) mall shot.  

And today I had the privilege of photographing some adorable little loves that I know as well as meeting some darling new faces.




I must admit the morning started off with quite a bump in the road.  While I was setting up at a local park, I learned I needed a specific permit/written approval to take the photos.   I was surprised to learn this because I have seen so many photographers at this park.  And I myself have taken pictures there on several occasions.  The security guard I spoke with said I could still take the pictures there if I ditched all the props.  He appeared to be overly hesitant to give me the okay to a prop free shoot that I decided it would be much easier to change locations.   After 15-20 STRESSFUL minutes, a lot of texting, and a 2 mile drive we were back on track.  Those who know me, know I love to plan and probably plan too much so on a personal level this certainly served as a lesson on being flexible.



























In looking over the photos, my heart jumped for joy at all the of shots.  While done intentionally, the variety of photographs came out even better than I had anticipated.



One thing I really enjoyed about photographing the Easter Bunny like this, is the time window allowed for the kids to play around and be themselves.  For instance, in the shot below this loveable four year old boy was balancing an egg on his head.  (A chance to goof like this would definitely not happen at the mall)






Another great bonus to taking pictures this way,  I was able to get some beautiful shots of the little loves who were not fans of the Easter Bunny.    





I was hoping we would be able to sneak the bunny in the background of one of their photos, but this was not. going. to. happen.

There is no denying I thoroughly loved being able to take Easter Bunny pictures today.  I would highly highly recommend trying those Easter Bunny or Santa photos this way at least once.  And if you weren't already convinced maybe this last little love will win you over on the idea with all his cuteness.




No comments:

Post a Comment