Tuesday, May 6, 2014

A Different Flavor of Awesome



"J is an awesome little guy, he's just a different flavor of awesome than most kids." ~ J's mom




A little ago on a facebook page dedicated to the community I live in, Mountain's Edge, this was posted...

Hi. I'm looking for a family photographer in the area. Especially one that likes to do outdoor photos. Does anyone have a great recommendation? Thanks!

Like many other photographers I threw my name in the hat because A. I love photographing families and B. I prefer natural light.  I didn't hear anything for a quite a while and I assumed the mom  had decided on someone else.  Then on the same post I saw her write...

Thanks!  I am still working on this ladies.  I'm trying to find someone who has experience working with a family like ours.  I will let you know who turns out to be awesome!   

And shortly after I received this message in my inbox.

  Hello!  I am trying to find a family photographer that has experience with special needs kids or high activity kids.  My son has some sensory issues and avoids eye contact and looking at people/cameras.  We only have 2 pictures over the last 18 months or so with his face in the shot and this Momma is hoping for a miracle.  We want to do family photos, however we need to find the right photographer.  Please let me know if this might be in your wheelhouse.  Thanks!  


My immediate thought when I read this email was I just want the chance to take this family's photos.  My years of teaching, volunteering for programs like Head Start, and my Master's Degree in Special Education made me think I just might be the right person for these clients.  However having this background, left me completely aware of the real possibility that I would not be able to capture the images Mom was seeking.  I'm not sure what it is I said but ultimately the M family chose me as their photographer.  I was thrilled and a WHOLE. LOT. OF. NERVOUS.   I want every client to be happy but this one completely and entirely pulled at my heartstrings.

The night before our session and the morning of I prayed for a beautiful session filled with love, smiles, and happiness.


















































Our session was indeed filled with love,  smiles, and lots of happiness!



J is so loving and completely full of life.  His smile is simply contagious.  I left our session overjoyed, smiling and feeling on top of the world!  Have you ever met a child and felt lucky just to have met him or her? That's how I feel about this little guy.  He is that flavor of awesomeness!

No comments:

Post a Comment